back to RStefan01.com
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Nintendo!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:21 am 

I randomly ordered one of those SNES classics a few months ago and have been on a massive nostalgia trip ever since.

I loaded it full of NES and SNES ROMS from some of the best games of my youth and have been going hard playing and finishing games I haven't even thought about in like 20 or 25 years. Word on the street is that Genesis games will work on this bitch.

Then I started to miss that Gamecube I used to have. So much untapped potential there...

Then I started to think beyond that, at all the other consoles and games I've missed along the way. So I picked up a used Wii U yesterday and have modded it. Now I can play games from the Wii U (obviously, though a couple I've tried so far are surprisingly fun), Wii, Gamecube, N64, and like all the game boy variations. So I have a bunch of random ROMS I'm loading on SD cards for use with my new system. I'm getting controllers to match the games and I'm just going to fucking go all the way to town man. Got a USB N64 controller coming in the mail, hopefully tomorrow. Going to rock that bitch right back to Kazakhstan.

All of this happening on a 55" screen, which isn't as awful as you'd think as long as you don't sit too close.

Need to buy a Switch...

Post subject: Re: Nintendo!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:18 pm 

Yeh Scott got a switch a while ago it was pretty fun time.

The best game he had was this craaazy cooking game where you 4 players are all fumbling around this kitchen trying to cook and plate food and its such chaos.

I've been thinking about old video games lately but I have not gotten around to playing them again.

Playing Vermintide 2 at the moment, it's pretty good.

Post subject: Re: Nintendo!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:56 pm 

I've been watching a lot of twitch.tv lately. Grand Poo Bear comes to mind. They do speed runs of old classics regularly primarily the mario games. They've taken the games to the nth degree of exploiting and unique game mechanics to finish the games fast. Summer Games Done Quick is coming up and there likely will be a lot of speed runs for classic games as well, all proceeds going to charity. They typically use original hardware so no emulation is used but they definitely make good use of it.

Soldier boy is selling game consoles from china manufactured and rebranded as his but I strongly recommend you don't go with those.

I haven't done the Chrono Trigger once a year thing in many years but i'm thinking about doing it again here soon since it's one of my favorite games growing up. I may even show it off on my main twitch channel if I can figure out how to capture it using my current rig.