Switch to full style
Read and comment on news posts.
Post a reply

Cataclysm Cinematic

Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:16 pm

Flash

Re: Cataclysm Cinematic

Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:44 am

Hey, did you hear Blizzard banned offline people for using single player trainers. Offline. Banned them from their offline games.

Also they sued the people that made bnetd.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:09 am

Osiris wrote:Hey, did you hear Blizzard banned offline people for using single player trainers. Offline. Banned them from their offline games.

Ahh, hadn't heard about that. I didn't think playing SC2 in offline mode even counted towards your achievement ranking, but apparently it does. I think it's kinda funny that they can catch people cheating in offline SC2, but so many people get away with shit on WoW and don't seem to get caught ;p

Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:38 am

I was excited about Cataclysm for a while, but I don't think I'm even going to get it at this point. I picked up a time card a couple of months ago to get Psychosamus to 80 for Cata launch, played for a few days and realized that I was already bored. I think I got a whole three days of playtime out of a two month card, so I decided: not worth it.

Which is a shame. I'd sure like to see the Werewolf starting zone...

But the girlfriend's visiting from England a few days after it comes out so I probably wouldn't even bother touching it 'til January anyways.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:16 am

I quit playing wow. I deleted my toons... I had 2 80's one with full epic 264+ pve gear inc trinkets and another I was just gearing up. I was playing the game too much and raiding every day of the week. It took over so badly I had to stop. It wasn't so much a full on addiction as it was mandatory need to show up for raids. I was a huge reason why we pushed through ICC 10/25 norm/heroic. I would do so much research, tell everyone what to improve on. I got so into the game. I was looking at it the same way a kid with an fascination for Magic The Gathering might have looking at different combo's, card play styles etc. When I wasn't playing I was reading up on wow and wow related things... never thought it would actually consume me. My friends never got to see me any more, and I spent a large portion of my summer playing wow instead of going outside and enjoying the fresh air. I definitely like the game and I believe there is a lot to be said about the community and playing with a good guild. But it just isn't for me, as good as I was. In the end I got heroic dying light best in slot staff for my Shadow Priest and called it good.

Im not going to tell you not to play wow or anything like that, I can only relate to my own experience.

I calculated the hours I played on one toon for a full year. 1300 hours... thats almost a 2nd full time job. I thought holy fuck I could of went and done something waaaaay more productive or made more money and bought a new car or put a down payment on a house or something. Mind you if you have the time do something like WoW it up with no real social/personal responsibilities fill your boots. But oh man... never again.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:07 am

Congratulations for breaking your addiction. Durin, are you coming to the gathering of the phoenix dragon in 2012?

Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:09 am

Pleaes delete this video from your home pages richards

Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:46 am

Why? ;p

Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:37 pm

I agree. Every time I see the front page it's a harsh reminder that I actually bothered to buy Cataclysm(50% off because they accidentally had it on the Boxing Day Sale shelf), and am full of regret because I barely even played it.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:29 pm

I'm too lazy to post anything else.

If anything, the front page should just be a redirect to the forum at this point ;p

Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:17 pm

The opposite would be ideal. :protoss:
Post a reply