back to RStefan01.com
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Contacts/Glasses
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2000 8:01 am 
Site Admin

Though my optometrist says I should take out my contacts every night, no one I know does it, so I haven't either. I've had them for just over a month now. The left contact has been on my eye for the entire month, it's never been taken out. The right contact came out a few times by me rubbing it out in the first couple weeks I had them because I wasn't used to them. It feels odd not having them in, I'm actually wearing my glasses right now while I type this. I took a look at myself in the mirror with these things, and can't believe I went around for four years wearing them (Glasses in general, not the same pair =p). I prefer contacts and sometimes a nice pair of sunglasses much more over these things.<br><br>Being the first time I purposefully took out my contacts, it took me like ten minutes of poking around in my eyes to figure out how to take them out. I put them in their little case thing that I got to be cleaned. I'm supposed to put in a new set every month, but I think I'll put these old ones back in tomorrow instead, since they still seem fine to me. My mom managed to make a contact last four months, so I think I can stretch mine out a bit too.<br><br>Who knows, I might even take them out more often now that I figured out how to do it ;)<br><br>---<br><br>Update:<br><br>I got some nice eye infection stories and stuff about people who wear their contacts for a long time. I'm the kind of person who learns things the hard way though, so I'll stick with my plan =)<br><br>I already put my contacts back in as well. I can still see through them just fine, just like when they were new, so I don't see a reason to switch to another pair.