back to RStefan01.com
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Havent thought of a name but heres tonights work
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:26 pm 

The meadows of Ashroson were brazen with the lingering heat of another balmy summers day. The evening sun still peeked over the foothills in the east as Lonny and Zeez trudged onward. Their journey had been short, but they would say it was long when the question of billable hours was put forth. They had decided to claim hindrance by bandits and had roughed each-other up fight club style to sell the story. It had been a relatively simple job - transporting a box of charge gems to the remote city of Blasbog. The magically energized crystals would keep the city illuminated, air conditioned and its mechanisms running for many fortnights, but transport by caravan was risky. Vagabonds valued the gems for their psychoactive properties. Crushed up, a line of fully charged gem dust would induce euphoria, hallucinations and super powers for up to two days. It was often safer to transport them discreetly.

Lonny was the slightly larger of the two, standing just over six feet, and decked out in a greenish hued wanderers cloak that hid thin but effective garb-mail underneath. He hitched a short sword to his side, though he seldom had occasion to use it. His aptitude was for the mystic arts, with a particular aptitude for calling on the energis of fire. It was his primary duty to monitor and manage the stability of the gems during transit.

Zeez stood around five-nine and sported a stylish tan tunic and a pair of vorpal dirks brandished to his hips. Though not attuned to magic himself, he had convinced an ancient witch to bind the weapons to his life force in exchange for services he wished he could scrub from his mind.

The pair took stride to the top of a small outcropping, pulling the small wagon behind them on shitty wheels. They were lucky the journey was almost over as one wheel looked to be on the verge of popping off.

"Fucking thing", Zeez knelt down to examine the wagon, "We should have gone to Wagon Mega Mart like last time!"

Lonny sighed, "I know, we can go next time. We can't afford it after all the shit that fucked up. God damn, that last mission may bankrupt us yet."

Zeez stood back up and stepped beside Lonny, "I still can't believe all three bridges were out. The fuck kind of luck is that?"

Lonny furrowed his brow and removed the mystic sight ward with a wave of his hand.

"Shit.... I'm pretty sure Blasbog is on fire."

"Fuck sake."

---------

I would add that "Fuck sake" is easily my favorite all time way to end a chapter.